thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

AJ Shaw. My driver side D has gone out. I thought is was the

Customer Question

Customer: AJ Shaw. My driver side HID has gone out. I thought is was the buld and bought a replacement. I took it to a local shop to have it installed but after working on it for awhile they tested the original bulb and found that it still worked. They then tested the fuse and found that there was no power going through it. They seemed to be uncomfortable working on it at first and said they would have to call in a technician that was going to cost an arm and a leg so I have just been putting it off since then.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's about all I know so far. The day time riding light and the blinker in the same headlight still work fine. Its just the HID that seems to be not firing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Do you have any test equipment such as a test light or multimeter? Are you attempting to repair this yourself or are you only looking for potential causes for this issue. Thanks.