thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

09acura TL bought it brand new within first year car would

Customer Question

09acura TL bought it brand new within first year car would stop in traffic with no warning n sometimes VSA light would come on I've had a radio replaced 6?batteries and 3 alternators and my car still stalks out they tell me we can't duplicate this
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. So you've replaced 6 batteries and 3 alternators within 1 year? Tell me, when the vehicle stalls out do you notice if the dash lights flicker or shut off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes without warning but the very first time had to be within first year and the VSA light n check engine would come on n radio would go on n off then car loose power hard to give gas like transmission working hard idk but they tell me if it doesn't duplicate itself with this snap chat idk do I have to get hit while driving I'm at my wits end I had a aftermarket alternator put in n it stalled in aug 2015 and it stalled a week later n took to dealership they say alternator tested good with new battery so in Dec 2015 I'm driving in highway n car is difficult to drive didn't wanna go faster than 40 miles per hour I pulled over to safe spot n radio flashing on n off and then VSA light check engine n car died so I have new alternator n battery n car stalled tues Jan 12 so dealer puts in snap chat for after the fact please help
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I'm trying to understand what exactly is happening here. So the vehicle will not completely shut down and cut off? What I understand you saying is that it will bog down and lose power, and when it does the check engine and vsa lights come on. Is that correct? Have you had the computer scanned for codes to see what code is stored in relation to the check engine light?