Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Honda Platinum level master tech,ase certified
13523613

Having an issue with my wife's 08 MDX related to the AC that

Customer Question

Hello. Having an issue with my wife's 08 MDX related to the AC that is a bit different than the question about front vs. back and different air temps. In her MDX the front passenger side blows cold air as it should, but the driver's side in the front is HOT air. Thoughts? Thanks.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Steve replied 10 months ago.

I think what you have is low refrigerant issue with the ac system. When the system is undercharged the left side vents will blow warmer air than the right side. There could be a leak in the system which would cause this to happen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the response. Didn't think low refrigerant would cause that issue. Someone suggested to me that it might be (don't know the terminology) little "doors" or "vents" that open and close to let hot vs. cold air through... The ones on the driver's side might not be functioning properly. Is there something else to check after refrigerant level? Looking for plan B to discuss with someone since I don't do this type of work myself! Thanks.
Expert:  Steve replied 10 months ago.

it is possible it would be a blend door motor but unlikely. Sometimes if a blend door motor goes bad you can hear it ticking under the dash near the center.

If you do not hear any ticking I would have the ac system recharged since it is quick and easy to do as part of diagnosing this issue.