Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My issue is...I have a refurbished transmission, paid 2500 a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Tim, my name is ***** ***** my issue is...I have a refurbished transmission, paid 2500 a year ago, also had a warranty which just ended on January 07,2016....4 days ago, two weeks ago the engine light came on, they checked it out and changed two solonoids, but they said it was a customer courtesy, My warranty contract does state that solonoids are not warrantied, so I thought, that was very nice of them to do for me. then a few days later the engine light comes on again and they fixed a solenoid but had no paperwork for me and when I asked they said it was under warranty so no paperwork needed. now a few days past my warranty the engine light comes on again. I am frustrated and wondering, how many solenoids are in a transmission?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely the original fault has not been repaired and is why the repeat light has come on.It may be a code related to transmission solenoids but the solenoids themselves may not be the cause here.This may be a fault with the wiring leading to the transmission or connection at the transmission itself needing repaired.If wiring has not been checked this needs done and if a fault is found with the wiring it will need repaired to correct this fault here.If a fault is found with the wiring connection this will need repaired to correct this issue.You may have to have a second facility look into the fault here to see what they come up with on this issue so it can be repaired properly.Then have the first facility see if they will cover the costs if warranty related.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete