thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

Accidentally turned off the keyless access master switch in

Customer Question

Customer: Accidentally turned off the keyless access master switch in glove box of 2010 Acura TL and remote stopped working. Discovered the switch after a few days and turned it back on, can now start car with the fob but doors do not open/close with the fob and "Remove Keyless Remote From Slot" comes on whenever I open car door (even though fob has stayed in my pocket while driving).
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Problem is definitely not with fob as I have changed the fob battery AND have same problem with the other fob.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

The Key slot in the dash is locked in the back position. That is very common on these. The best thing to do is just replace the key slot because once they start sticking they do it over and over again. You can pull the tab in the top inside of the slot forward with needle nose pliers and it will let door locks work but as soon as someone puts the key back in the slot it will act up again. By the way there is no reason to put the key in the slot. to start the car .