acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Have 2006 TL with elect problems battery goes to 2 plus vdc

Customer Question

have 2006 TL with elect problems battery goes to 2 plus vdc in 16 hours with no start
have had 2 auto elect companies report no problems...had new battery installed new battery installed 11-19 slow start again after 2 weeks then no start....back for trouble shooting again....no problems.....deaD BATTERY READS 2.76 VDC.....BATTERY CHARGER
BRINGS BATTERY BACK TO 13 VDC AND CAR WILL START IN 45 MINUTES...CAN THE BATTERIES IN THE KEY SETS BECAUSING THIS PROBLEM....ANY IDEAS
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

This is actually a common problem with this model. There are 3 things we see . The most common is the Bluetooth unit (HFL) in the map light base shorting and causing the battery to drain. Then the next common problem is a sticking A/C clutch relay in the under hood fuse box. and finally we sometimes see the radio short in these. I would start by unplugging the HFL unit in the map light base and retest .

Here is a link to the location. http://www.justanswer.com/acura/71teb-tl-type-s-2007-acura-tl-type-didn-t-drive-few.html#re.v/463/

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lcan not get vehicle serviced until this Wednesday at 7:30a . will contact you as soon as I leave the repair shop
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

ok,let me know what happens