thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

It rained a few days ago. Car started sputtering to a stop,

Customer Question

It rained a few days ago. Car started sputtering to a stop, then throttle & take off. Son -in-law is Mercedes mechanic. He thought it was traction control. No rain in 3 days. Almost all service lights when . Turned off, restarted, but check engine light still on & sputtering like it a gonna idol out. Any ideas?
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Would you happen to know what code(s) are stored in the vehicles computer in relation to the check engine light? This would be helpful to me in determining the problem. Most places like Advance Auto and Auto Zone will scan your computer for free and tell you what codes are there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is coming over in an hour or so to give me the codes.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Okay great. Just let me know what they are

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son, just came over. Had same problem this morning. Car would barely move, then take off for about 2 minutes at ever stop sign or light. All lights came on. Stoped the car lights went off except check engine line & car drove fine. Just went out to plug machine in to get reading. Check engine light never came back on. Seems to happen only when car sets for hours on end & is cold. The code my son came up with was O2 sensor.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Does the car shut off completely?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope.. feels like it's going to stall out though, but doesn't.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

I'm working with very little information so I need to gather as much information from you as possible. Do you notice if the dash lights flicker at all when the car is acting up?