thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I have a Honda Acura 2006 TL won't start. Battery is fine.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I have a Honda Acura 2006 TL won't start. Battery is fine. Car is new to me but never had this problem before. The problem started suddenly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When you turn the key, the starter doesn't crank at all, no click, nothing, but the battery seems totally fine--lights, heat, radio all work. Again it was driving fine. I parked for 5 minutes, and now it won't start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK, sure. AAA is on their way, so I have time.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon I am master tech and will be able to assist you

this just started out of the blue correct.

We see a lot of starter failures and the ringer is turning it off and then go to restart and nothing.

providing the battery is tested and is good then the starter will have to be looked at.

you mentioned AAA is on the way, have them bang the starter a few times while you crank the car over it should start like this a few times before it completely fails