Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a 2002 MDX and the power steering fluid drains

Customer Question

Customer: Hello. I have a 2002 MDX and the power steering fluid drains straight out of the reservoir when I start the car.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: While the car is running moments later is begins to leak from the boot on the rack but boot is not damaged. Also while the car is off I turn the wheel to the left and right the fluid would come in and out of the reservoir
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hi I'm Kevin it sounds as though your steering rack end seal is leaking . The rack gait or is only there to prevent road dirt from getting near the ends seal on the rack . The end seal seals the outer rack and the ram so the ram can move as steering is turned without leaking . The fact you have oil in fault or means the seal is breached and either a new rack or removal or rack for rebuilt will be needed

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need any thing else