thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

What could cause the check emission system, check vsa, and

Customer Question

What could cause the check emission system, check vsa, and check shawd to come on while driving a 2007 Acura RDX tech? I turned the engine off at a stop light and after restarting, only the check emission system light stayed on. Car seems to be driving ok, but I only drove for 5 minutes after lights first came on.
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern.

first you need to have someone scan for any codes that might be stored in the vehicle. There are many places that will scan the codes for free, When you have the codes you can post them on this thread and I can help you further.

I would not begin to guess because there are so many possibilities t=of things that could cause the light to come on.

Please provide other information as well, mileage on the vehicle, any recent work you've had done.

thanks and I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your advice. I went to get the codes, and the only one coming up is: P2647Mileage is 138K
Since I've had the car (6 months) I've replaced the alternator, tensioner, and the battery. The car had every service done at an Acura dealership by the previous owner done on time and recorded on the car fax.Do you have any ideas based on the P2647 code?

ok thanks for the information.

P2647 is a code for the VVT oil pressure switch circuit is high.

chances are the switch is faulty.

make sure the oil level is correct and the oil is clean.

with the amount of miles on the vehicle I hope you have kept up with the oil changes.

replacing the switch and clearing the code should do the trick.

so according to the past history the previous owner kept up with the oil changes, good