justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

How do i disable the alarm the factory alarm on a 2002 tl so

Customer Question

how do i disable the alarm the factory alarm on a 2002 tl so i can lock the car and not activate the alarm
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I work on only Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand well. The most likely problem here is a faulty hood switch. You can disconnect the hood switch connector and short it out to rule the switch out as the problem.You will have to remove the top plastic shield near the radiator to access the connector. Once you are there disconnect it and use a paper clip or something similar to jump the harness side connector terminals together. This will simulate the hood switch being closed all the time. Don't short the switch side of the connector terminals together as this will not produce any results. You have to short of the harness side of the connector. You can leave this connector like this long term. It will not cause any issues.

Please go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just post to this thread and I will continue chatting with you. Thanks

any news?