Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2000 acura tl, Blower not working. so far I have

Customer Question

I have a 2000 acura tl, Blower not working. so far I have replaced relay, wire harness to blower (it was burned), blower motor and resistor, I have also checked the 7.5 and 50amp fuses. It does not blow at any speed. There IS current going to both wires going to blower even if i disconnect the resistor. I jumped the ground going to motor to a good ground and blower blows at high speeds. I can also control which vents it blows through using the touchscreen navigation system which has fan speed controls but does not control the speed. I am lost I am thinking it is the navigation system that is bad. please help
Mark,(###) ###-####
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since you had burned/damaged wiring there is a good chance that this damaged the control head/navigation unit on the dash.I have seen shorted/damaged wiring cause this type of fault here in the past before with it needing replaced.You have voltage from the fuses but the control from the control unit/nav. system is not sending a signal to operate the blower and usually this is the nav. unit itself at fault needing replaced to correct this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete