acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

, I can't open or start car. I think it's the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can't open or start car. I think it's the anti-theft system. Can it be overridden?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

What year and model Acura do you have ?

When you say you cant open it ,Have you tried the key in the door lock?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011 tsx. Yes, can open with key in lock but not electronically. Car will not start--nothing happens.
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

Ok, It sounds like the battery is dead . Have you tried jump starting the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's not the battery. The battery is not dead. I just had it checked.
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

Did someone try to jump start the car and possibly hook the cables backward?

Do the headlights work?

The security factory system does not disable the starter Do you know if there is a add on system in the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights do not work.
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

Ok, Then that means no power is getting to the car. So either the main fuse is blown from jump starting backward or battery is dead or the cables are not making a good connection. The next step would be to try jump starting the car and if it still will not start then check for power to the fuse box under the hood. Whenever I see one of these completely dead like this It is usually a battery problem.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.