George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years w/L1 Drivability certification
13574682

I have a question regarding a message I get on my Acura TL

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, this is Denisa and I have a question regarding a message I get on my Acura TL 2005. It says :"Service due now A1" . Also the ventilator is running continuously.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I cannot stop the fan, it runs at maximum.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  George H. replied 11 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

These are two different issues, the blower motor transistor has shorted and will need to be replaced to restore normal operation to the motor and the service message will need to be reset after doing the service which is change the oil.

Let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where can I get the transistor? Do I have to go to the dealer or I can do it myself. We were going to leave for a long drive. Is this something that can be easily done?

Any autoparts store should have or can get the transistor. It is not too hard to replace.

Click here for procedure

That not only shows how to replace it there is diagnosis as well

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Never mind. I have to leave, no need to call!

I'm sorry but I am unable to speak on the phone, how can I help you?