cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have an 2004 ACURA TSX. this morning, when I started the

Customer Question

Customer: Dave. I have an 2004 ACURA TSX. this morning, when I started the car all my indicator lights stayed on: BRAKE, BATTERY, ENGINE, ABS whiule I drove toi work. No issues driving. When I went to lunch, all indicators still on. Then I stopped for lunch. Could not start car when I got back. Got jump start, then gauges would stay on and go off (odometer, and RPM and MPH gauges would go on, and then go dead to zero - but cartill running). Drove back and while driving the engine began revving high as if in 1st gear. Pulled over and eventually motor died and could not start.. Alternator? Timing bely?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car will no longer start at all. thought I gave many details.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 11 months ago.

sounds like the battery has a dead cell in it and needs to be replaced

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would battery cause engine to start revving high while driving?

the battery wouldnt but the alternator would and if your battery is bad it will cause the alternator to act up if you have a volt meter you can test the alternator to make sure it isnt bad but im thinking it is just the battery

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Needed alternator replaced and did so. Couldn't get all indicator lights off until blown alternator fuse replaced also. Drove away from shop and within 5 miles all indicator lights came back on. Looks like somethings keeps blowing the fuse so left at shop so as not to drain battery against Mechanic looking at again tomorrow. Anything else that might be blowing this fuse and keeping all indicator lights on ( including battery light which is main Concern)

if the fuse keeps blowing you have a short in the alternator circuit have your mechanic check for exposed wires

if you need anything else please let me know please be sure to rate my service when you get the chance