Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

How do I disconnect the hfl to stop parasitic draw? I am ok

Customer Question

how do I disconnect the hfl to stop parasitic draw? I am ok with doing without it as it hasn't been functioning for a while. 2005 Acura tl
Category: Acura
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

You could pull fuse #6 in the under dash fuse box, but that might make the sunroof stop working (if it has one). They look to be on the same circuit.

It would be best to pull down the roof console cover and unplug the connector. This picture should help.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Also, please don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating. I will still be here to help after rating.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This really isn't enough info for me. How do I get the roof console off and will I see a green connector that I just unplug?
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Sorry. I meant to attach this one also. It shows how to pull down the roof unit and which connector to unplug.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It seems rather complicated and I'm pretty sure I don't have the correct tools. :o(
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If I just remove the roof console, will i see the green connection or do I actually need to unscrew the unit and go further in?
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

If you remove the roof console you should see the control box with the connector plugged into it. Once you get that console down it's a piece of cake.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok...I pried it partially off with a butter knife. I Saw a green connector that was closest to the rear of the unit (closest to the back of the car..not the windsheild. I unclipped that...is that the right one? I did not have to take the whole console down to access it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Or...did i just disconnect the moonroof :o(
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

It's hard to say. If you didn't have to remove those 4 bolts I would say you probably disconnected something else. The HFCL is on the back of the item listed roof console bezel in the diagram.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Just wanted to check and see if you need any additional info.

Please let me know if you do, and if you are ready to rate.

We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Jared, I'm dealing with Just Answer right now. Instead of charging me 5.00 in good faith money, they charged me the full amount before I even spoke to you. Your info was somewhat helpful, but no more helpful than a youtube video I had already pulled up. I have not forgotten about you, but will not rate you until I get a response back from Just Answer as to why they charged me more than what I was supposed to initially. After they answer I will rate you. Thanks ( I did not have the correct tools to remove the secondary panel...payed 64 dollars to have the dealership fix the problem)
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Ok. I hope you get it straightened out. As experts we never see any of the just answer side of things.

Let me know if you need any more car help.