thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

My battery died today in my 2012 MDX. AAA came and replaced

Customer Question

My battery died today in my 2012 MDX. AAA came and replaced my battery on site. Now my radio is in theft protection mode and I need the Anti theft protection code. I bought the car used and it is no where to be found. I looked in every possible location. How can I obtain this code without going to the dealer. I went online and I need the vin # (which I have) and the radionavicode (which I don't have). Help. I pushed 1 and 6 then turned the radio on and it gave me a code CGB25030 and I plugged in 25030 on the Acura Website and it is not the correct code. Very frustrating. Any help is greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas.
Category: Acura
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 11 months ago.

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

if your pushing the one and six it should display a alpha numeric code two sets of them

when you tried to enter the code did the display say error and will not accept any codes now ?

are you the original owner of this mdx ?