sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My microphone does not appear to be working commands or

Customer Question

my microphone does not appear to be working for any commands or hands free features???
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Depending on what you're actually experiencing it could be a handful of things. If you get no response whatsoever when pressing the button then it coudl be the button, the clockspring in the steering column, a wiring issue or the hands free link module, if the system appears to operate normally but the microphone doesn't appear to pick up sound then the issue is more likely to be with the microphone or it's wiring.

Did the problem start after a repair, jump start, etc?
What specifically happens when you press the hands free button?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It asks me for my request but fails to here any command both on the hf link and the car functions like temperature adjustment or navigation

The issue is going to be with the microphone, it's wiring, or the hands free link then. Since the system does otherwise work it most likely isn't going to be the module, the microphone itself is most likely. What will need to be done is first check for fault codes in the HFL and from there the microphone wiring is most likely going to need to be tested before being able to condemn the microphone.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you

You're welcome!