sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2007 Acura RL lights pulsating on dome light, license plate,

Customer Question

2007 Acura RL lights pulsating on dome light, license plate, and center instrument panel where nav. is located.
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're seeing pulsing in lights it's most likely due to a charging system issue. A small amount of pulse isn't uncommon but if it's excessive or hasn't acted this way before then there is cause for concern.

The alternator itself is a likely cause for this and it's output ripple can be tested. An internal failure in the battery can also cause it as well as voltage drop in cables and connections. The first thing I would recommend is making sure battery connections are clean and tight. If ok then I would recommend next having the alternator and battery tested.