Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Trying to lower the back seat center headrest on 2006 RL. No

Customer Question

Customer: Trying to lower the back seat center headrest on 2006 RL. No response from Auto button. Can it be lowered manually?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The headrest was raised manually and supposed to be able to lower with the button on the upper console. It did nothing. Cannot lower the headrest for better visibility at rear window.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll pay if satisfied, yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont see a manual way myself on lowering or raising the head rests and my info isnt telling me a way that this can be done.The seat back trim will need removed to access the head rests guides/sleeves to see if there are clips that can be removed or a locking pin to see if it can be lowered manually.Usually this is the only way to tell for sure.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkk37cawn17jo74/head-12-15.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete