thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I have an 2002 Acura MDX. The LCD screen (no nav) that

Customer Question

I have an 2002 Acura MDX. The LCD screen (no nav) that displays the time, mileage, and ac controls is not fully functional. The screen lights up and has power, it displays the time, but the rest of the normal data/controls do not populate. Physically the screen seems fine, and again, it does light up with power and the clock. After displaying the clock for about 10 seconds, the display shuts off until a button is pressed on the external controls (like fan or clock, or trip).
Is this something you have seen?
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 12 months ago.

Hello, yes I have seen this issue before. The information is getting to the screen but the circuit board that's controls the display functions is faulty.

replacing the lcd screen is the only confirmed repair for this issue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you. Aside from a minor loss of some a/c controls, can this lead to more issues? (especially system critical ones?)

no nothing critical but like you said you will eventually lose a/c controls as the problem gets worse

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I see. Do you have a recommendation for a supplkier of a replacement part? (New or used) Also, is there a specific name for that whole part?

there aren't many sources where to find parts. try ebay for a refurbished or used unit. also try a salvage yard but you might get a unit not much better than yours.

it might be called a/c control panel, control panel, display panel