thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I have a 2005 accord 2dr ex. Now there is a tech who tried

Customer Question

I have a 2005 accord 2dr ex. Now there is a tech who tried to access operating system in the car to check the status of the key in the immobilizer because the anti theft light keeps coming on the car cranks but will not start . No fuel either. Now his
scanner is a high end scanner that can do anything it keeps saying connection error it says key not in the on position. What could be causing this bad ignition assembly or bad immobilizer assembly?it recognizes when the key is off and says please turn to on
position but when it's on the on position it has a problem detecting that the key is in the on position?
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
He not a tech he's locksmith who does the transponder keys he used four differenet systems to try and access the system to try and check the system for errors and to see if the keys were still good but kept getting turn to on position
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 12 months ago.

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you on this.

Honda has since tighten their access codes for reprogramming and lots of these after market programmers have been left out on this updates.

I actually did a 2010 accord yesterday at work and the same issue. the customer had a lock smith come out and was not able to program the keys.

so the car was towed into the dealer and within minutes I had the car programmed and she was on her way.

your option is pretty limited here.

we have been seeing the antennas on the security system fail from time to time but he will need to access the imobi system on the MVCI scanner.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I live in Canada it will be long distance
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
He tried four different systems 2 laptops -and 2 full software programming all said turn key to on position it's not picking the key up. I was installing a remote start on this vehicle like I have countless times to other ones. I forgot to disconnect the battery I went back to solder on joint which was the 12v constant power I used a soldering gun all of a sudden the vehicle started by itself with the immobilizer light on and wouldn't run. No fuel

ok im not sure what else can be done at this point since this is a Honda repair now.