Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2006 Acura TL base model phone chargers out, radio font and

Customer Question

2006 Acura TL base model phone chargers out, radio font and sound is out on radio but still has power cause when I hit the eject button once and all 6 CDs came out (stock radio), and also car won't come out of park unless I used the lock button release on gearbox. It all happened at once so I hope it's just one thing
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This model should use a large 120 amp Multi fuse 22.If this fuse shorts out/blows this will cause a lack of power to several other fuses which can cause an issue like this here.If this multi fuse has not been checked yet this needs done to see if it needs replaced to correct the issues here.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check that out but would that be inside or outside the car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize as I had forgot to put in which fuse panel.This would be the under dash fuse and relay box that these fuses are located in inside the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to keep asking I can't find a diagram to find out which fuse it is. It's not the little fuses right? It's the bigger ones above the little fuses
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem

looking through my info again the fuse is #22 in the under hood fuse panel.My first diagram led me down the wrong path.It is seen as this in the under hood fuse panel.You will need to take a multi meter and test resistance across this fuse to see if it has resistance.If there is no resistance this fuse needs replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpsq5fem8hsi9vq/fuse-12-07.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That fuse is labeled battery does that mean the same as a multi fuse
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Yes,this one feeds power to several other fuses and if this fuse is blown it will cause the issues here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have multimeter but I took the fuse out and it doesn't look blown the connectors inside are still together does that matter
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you see through this fuse at all to see if it is blown or is it solid black or gray in color with no see through?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can see thru lens and I opened it up can I send you pic to see if you see something I don't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks a little fried but I can be mistaken for the weld
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

You can upload a pic here usually using the paper clip icon.If you can do this,this will help.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Multi fuse
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,this fuse does look good.You can reinstall it.Unfortunately this is a tough one for myself to fully diagnose from here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete