Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Mad Auto Repair
90693043

2005 Acura tl vsa and triangle! Light come on randomly and

Customer Question

2005 Acura tl vsa and triangle ! Light come on randomly and when it happens, seems as if abs acuates and throws the car around. Then cruises fine and resets when shut off. No codes stored
Category: Acura
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 1 year ago.

It seems like you have a wheel speed sensor going out or you might have something that is stuck in there.

You may want to look and see if you there is any damage or obstruction there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I inspected everything in the brakes and blew out the area in between where the sensor reads. I found one of the brake caliper/pad mount bracket pins seized and freed that and lubed it. Drove the car about 10 miles with no symptoms, but when I started the car the next morning, before driving the same lights came on.

You will need to scan it when the light is on to find out which wheel is causing the problem. You must a sensor that is going out. Do you have access to a scam tool that will give you live data?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I doubet it. I just have a little handheld OBDII reader and it's not reading any codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the brake locks up though, it is definitely in the driver's side front. Would those lights go on before even putting the car in drive though if the wheen speed sensor was bad?

Maybe, but if it coming on before you move it points more to the ABS module.