Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I seem to have a major issue with my honda prelude 2001. My

Customer Question

I seem to have a major issue with my honda prelude 2001. My car wouldn't start it made a strange clicking noise when i tried to start it. I got it running by pushing it and popping the clutch, than everything started clicking as i was driving as if the
blinker was on, and all the lights inside the car started to dim and than go back to normal persistantly for 30 second incrimates, than off for about 10 seconds and again.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** a low voltage situation, and is most likely a bad alternator, do you have a volt meter? It is easy to check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i don't. I'm putting another battery in right now to see if its the battery or the alternator. If its the alternator wouldnt it start anyways?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have to go to the parts store to check the alternator and the car won't start as of right now
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

not necceasrily, if the alt is bad it can be intermittent, but it wont charge up th battery, with the car running, the battery should read around 14 volts, if i only reads about 12 volts, then the alternator is not charging,Tim