Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years As a ASE Tech
7276279

My 2007 Accura TL Type S is making a noise like metal making

Customer Question

my 2007 Accura TL Type S is making a noise like metal making contact with a rotating part. I got a code telling me I have a cam position sensor problem. Except for the noise the car is running ok. Could this be a cam position sensor and if so where is it located?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin what was the code you had ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p0344
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please reply to my email address***@******.*** or net at xxx-xxx-xxxx. The code I received is P0344.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P0344 is in most cases set due to a Camshaft Position Sensor and in most cases replacing it will resolve this code. I have enclosed the steps to test it as well in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Camshaft%20sensor%20Nov%2017.pdf

See the removal steps in the link below, the timing cover will have to come off for access.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Timing%20cover%20Nov%2017.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sensor is located behind the timing chain cover on the 2007 Accura TL Type S ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately my computer here at work will not allow me to open the browser. I will try it at home.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes its located behind the timing cover, as long as you not behind a firewall you should be able to open the links at home.