thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I just parked my car and turned off ignition. short while

Customer Question

i just parked my car and turned off ignition. short while later i returned to vehicle and now car wont start and tpms warning light is on. will ignition be immobilized if tpms has a problem?
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try and help you the best I can, Please know my diagnosis is a educated guess at best and I can only make that if I have all the information about your vehicle. Information about recent repairs, things you've tried so far and parts you have replaced.

The car starting is not affected by the TPMS light.

Does the car not crank at all? or does it turn over and not start?

Is the key you are using the key you use all time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no crank at all. previously did have clicking noise. now nothing. new battery. optima yellow top. same key as always.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

not cranking is not a result of immobilizer issues. Looking like more of a starter issue.

did this issue start before or after the battery replacement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
battery replaced last month. all good until today.only other problem had was over heat but that was due to not topping of coolant tank proprerly after cleaning it and reinstalling it.

ok my guess is the starter is faulty. If you have a multimeter available check voltage at the starter wire with the key in the start position. You should have a least 10 volts present. If there is then the starter is faulty. You could try also tapping the starter lightly with a hammer or a long extension and see if the car starts. That's the definite test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do. will probably replace starter anyway for peace of mind. i will buy new starter rather than reman or rebuilt. what do you suggest?

a new starter is definitely the way to go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help.

your welcome. If you have no more questions and you are completely satisfied with my answers, please kindly take a moment and "accept" my answers so I can receive credit. Up until now you have only left a deposit.