justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

Where do I find the srs plug so that I can reset it in a

Customer Question

where do I find the srs plug so that I can reset it in a 2002 Acura 3.5 rl? I want the specific location.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to confirm that the $22 is a one time charge and not a monthly charge
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Tell me what you are trying to do regarding the SRS system? Are you just wanting to clear codes?

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Typically the srs system is communicated with via the data link connector using a scan tool. Do you have a scan tool or do you need to reset the system another way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clear using a paper clip
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

You are referring to checking codes using a paper clip. So, you need to know how to clear the codes without using a scanner? Is that accurate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Give me one moment

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

You can use your paper clip to jump the connector. Just follow the directions I list.

Please go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
  2. The SRS indicator light comes on for about six seconds and goes off. Remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2P) within four seconds after the SRS indicator light went off.
  3. The SRS indicator light comes on again. Reconnect the SCS service connector to the MES connector (2P) within the four seconds after the SRS indicator light comes on.
  4. The SRS indicator light goes off. Remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2P) within four seconds .
  5. The SRS indicator light indicates that the memory is erased by blinking two times.
  6. Turn the ignition switch OFF , and wait for ten seconds .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not help me. It is not descriptive of the Mes cover 2P. I already knew how to do this. Once again, I will not pay more than $22.00 for this response. I will dispute it on AMX.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

I'm confused. You asked me how to clear codes without a scan tool and I provided those instructions. What else do you need to know and I will help with that as well. Tell me what additional details you need. I have no control over what is charged to you and what isn't.

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

I only work as a contractor through Just Answer.