thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

Acura 2011 TSX. I notice an intermittent whistling noise

Customer Question

Acura 2011 TSX. I notice an intermittent whistling noise from the right side/rear(?) of the vehicle while driving. Seems to occur at speeds from 30-80 mph. Lasts from a couple seconds to as long as 6 or so seconds. Car is stock, no alterations. Tech pkg. 43,000 miles thanks
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern. Please know that my diagnosis is an educated guess at best because I am not there directly inspecting your vehicle and I am only going on the information that you are giving me.

First have you been able to better isolate where the noise is generally coming from?

Have you had some one ride in the back to see if they can hear where it is coming from?

Please open the rear doors and check both rubber seals on the rear door area. The one attached to the door and the one attached to the body and make sure it has not come loos and is not torn.