Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Code p2138... 2004 Acura tsx. Online says tps or app sensor.

Customer Question

Code p2138... 2004 Acura tsx. Online says tps or app sensor. I see the app and feel like, with some picture help/YouTube I could replace this myself. I can't find the tps on the throttle body. Acura says I can't just change the tps; I'd have to replace the entire throttle body...
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

This code here is more for a faulty APP (accelerator pedal position sensor) and not necessarily a throttle position sensor even though they are related.Most common that usually fails is the APP sensor itself needing replaced.Below is the procedure on how it is replaced.

1. Remove the throttle cable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2enztxwvch3cvww/app-10-28.gif?dl=0

2. Disconnect the accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor 6P connector (A).

3. Remove the bolts (B), and the APP sensor (C).

4. Install the sensor in the reverse order of removal.

Here is the location of the throttle position sensor (the best I could locate and post here).https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldpbc2s85s8capy/tp-10-28.gif?dl=0

In order to replace it unfortunately the entire assembly does need replaced but I suspect this is the APP sensor itself at fault as this is most common and relates to what code has set.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.