HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
8532170

I bought a used 2005acura TL with 81000 miles. Now when I

Customer Question

I bought a used 2005acura TL with 81000 miles. Now when I shift into gear it takes a second or two to engage into whatever gear I'm putting it in. Also after driving for a while when I stop at a light it seems to kinda pull a little, but when it drives there are no issues. I just changed the motor mounts and flushed the tranny fluid and put new tranny fluid and filter.
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern. Please know I can only make educated guesses based on the information that you give me.

based on the information you have provided, it sounds like you have tried all the steps possible in order to try and reestablish a better working transmission. Unfortunately after your efforts it seems the transmission is still faulty.

Unless you can find a transmission shop in your area that would be willing to re build it for you, replacement is going to be the only option otherwise.

please ask as many questions as you want until you are completely satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the difference in cost between having it rebuild or buying a new one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also if I keep driving it will it make it worse, because it drives fine its just when I put it in gear that it takes a second to engage.

not exactly sure on the cost of a rebuild, it depends what is wrong with the transmission. A rebuilt transmission is anywhere from $2500 to $4500 plus approximately 8-10 hours labor.

the issue here is the warranty that would come with a rebuild will not be very long. most rebuilt transmissions one with at least a 1 year warranty

why did you request a phone call? the transmission will have to be replaced or rebuilt