thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

Its an acura mdx 2014 i have and i was having trouble with

Customer Question

Hi its an acura mdx 2014 i have and i was having trouble with my hands free (kept saying private mode and audio wasn't streaming through the hands free) so I deleted the hands free device from my blackberry to start again but my acura says the phone is already paired so am trying to delete it from my hands free to start all over again. any suggestions?
Category: Acura
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.

Good morning I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

can you tell me if this just started or this has been a on going issue with your phone and car ?

have you check the hands free link site yet to make sure the phones compatible ?

here is the link to confirm your phone

http://handsfreelink.acura.com/Acura/en-US/US/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it was fine when I bought the mdx from the dealer (new) but lost one of the key fobs so they had to reprogram a new and existing fob and have had the problem since that time. It showed private mode in the hands free so I removed the acura hands free device from my blackberry and now need to remove my blackberry phone from the hands free as the hands free is trying to pair with my phone but the hands free link has been removed from my phone.

yes that is whats needed next is to clear the phone from the HFL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is my question. How do i do that?

which trim does this have

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
navigational

ok

let me read some info brb

does your model have acura link ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
think so but not sure. When it was paired originally, my bberry under bluetooth devices said "Acura Hands Free Link" and since deleting that device from my berry, there is still something there under bluetooth devices that says "HandsFreeLink"

ok on the main navi jog button select settings.

im going to read whats out of the owners manual that you have also.

or you can follow at your pace if you choose. page 278

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did look in the manual but didn't see anything about deleting phones from the hands free system.

hmm it should be their on page 278, can you please look

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will look at again but was hoping to get an answer through this website!

here you go

did the link open ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks. ***** delete the phone I assume I can go through the process again as if it were a new phone?
I will try it at lunch when I use my car.

yes this is correct.

are you able to do this now ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately not (at work) but have to leave around 11:30 or so and can try it then. OK?

ok thats fine.

once you clear the phone then repair and it should come back on line.

if not then we will need to either call hands free link hot line or try a master reset.

but the hfl hot line will probably be the simplest .

the other master reset will actually have you going into the Bio's of the navigation system.

for this part I will actually need to walk you through this Via Phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks! Will try it and let you know later today (will be back around 3 or so).

sounds great.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it didn't work. I managed on my blackberry to find the acura hands free device and paired it successfully again although the original problem that led to me deleting the acura hands free device from my blackberry to repair has come back. Although my blackberry and hands free link are connected and my phone contacts imported etc, when I make a call the acura hands free link does not channel the voice of the person i am talking to through the hands free system and I have to listen and speak through my blackberry as I would without any handsfree assistance. It shows on the acura hands free the words "Private Mode" which I don't know how to correct.

ok with out getting into the bios I can give you hands free link's Canada's # Canada: Visit www.handsfreelink.ca, or call 1-888-(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, thanks but I tried the link you gave me but it says the page can't be displayed. Will try the number you gave in the morning. Is it a number at Acura to troubleshoot?

yes this is correct they will have you actually do some steps while on the phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a lot of research last night and from what I can see, there is no solution to this other than making sure that numbers are dialed through the hands free system (and not from the phone even though connected with the handsfree). Now I've educated you!

their is but is will require a update possibly or a new HFL unit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks but the car is only 2 years old so would be crazy to buy a new HFL. Sounds like others are in the same boat as me and placing calls through the HFL is the only solution (not calling through the device even though connected). Thanks anyway.