thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

Car battery drained, tried to jump and no luck, bought a new

Customer Question

Customer: car battery drained, tried to jump and no luck, bought a new battery now installed and now no signs of power on dash with new charged battery installed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Installed brand new battery and the dash lights will not even come on even though i took it back to parts store to verify it is charged
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you please tell me if you are able to honk the horn, turn the headlights on, radio, or anything else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none of the above
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

This is definitely either a dead battery, blown main fuse, or loose connections. What year and model Acura is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
01, its a new battery and i even went back to store to make sure it was charged, where is the main fuse? the 100amp battery fuse is intact
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

2001 what model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Integra
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

integra GS, GS-R, LS, or coupe?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gs i think 2 door with hatch back
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

I need you to check both sides of the 100 amp fuse for power either with a test light or multimeter. We need to know if there is battery power on both legs of the fuse. Looking at it simply isn't enough.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both sides light up
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

And the horn won't honk? This doesn't make much sense. Something electronic ought to work if there is power on the main fuse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Horn does not work
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Is the test light bright when you test the fuse or is it dim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bright
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I had to step away for a bit. Can you please tell me the available voltage at the battery? This would require a multimeter. One lead goes on the negative post and the other on the positive post of the battery. I need to know how much voltage the battery has. I'm a little perplexed at the amount of things that don't work, yet the main fuse is good and you claim the battery is good. Something is not quite right.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind I'm having it towed to the dealer