gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

My heater seems to blow only cold air, is it a fuse related

Customer Question

Customer: My heater seems to blow only cold air, is it a fuse related problem? Also I can get the car warm inside the cabin by turning on the heated seats, but not through the heater.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The heat worked fine, but stopped working in the middle of the winter last year.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Acura Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ah sure, why not.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

what year is your vehicle? WHen you turn your temperature from hot to cold, is it a manual (turn knob) control that operates a cable (and you can feel tension when turning) or is it a digital control (may still be a knob, but no tension) that operates electrical flap motors?

The first thing I would do is operate this control, go under the dash on the passenger side and access behind the center trim so you can see the controls, and see if they are operating.

If all controls are OK, and you are sure the flap moves from one side to the other, then your heater core may be clogged up with debris, and the hot coolant will only flow into the top of the heater core and out again.

Check the hoses that go to the firewall, they feed the heater core, see if they get hot.

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

..