HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
8532170

My 2013 Acura MDX's radio and navi shut-off this morning

Customer Question

Hello
My 2013 Acura MDX's radio and navi shut-off this morning while driving. I was able to turn it right back on - but is this something that I should be worried about and should I take it into service?
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com,

has this only happened one time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the first time.

it is possible there is an internal problem with the unit. The only issue is whether the dealer can duplicate the problem while it's in the shop. Unfortunately if they can't, they won't be able to diagnose and repair it.

Since you might be still under warranty (you didn't provide mileage). I would take it to them anyway and tell them your concern. Make sure they document your concern and if they find nothing that at least a paper trail has been started and if the issue were to get worse down the road there is record of you complaining about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks. I am just concerned that this could be a big problem and the whole car would shut down if it happened again.Thank you, ***** ***** take it in.

I would only be concerned if other systems in the car were also failing. Sounds like there may be a problem internally with the unit. Hopefully they can reproduce the issue and get it repaired.