George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years w/L1 Drivability certification
13574682

You got step by step on how to remove the intake manifold

Customer Question

You got step by step on how to remove the intake manifold 2007 accord 2.4 liter?
Category: Acura
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

I included it with the starter procedure I posted before?

If you don't have that here it is again >click<

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** *****!
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Always glad to help, not a bad job - books for 1.4 and takes about an hour.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get the screw off for the intake hose. It's so tight, phillips isn't going to cut it. It's too big for 5mm, too small for 6mm, and the hole clamp has two metal side that don't allow pliers to get on the bolt head. How can I remove that intake hose clamp?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind, 7/32 fits. I thought everything was metric?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I've been down with flu, the size is 5.5mm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry you're feeling bad! I'm stuck. I can't get the top of the intake manifold bracket off (nut) nor the little push in clamp that holds the wiring harness to the intake manifold bracket. One of those has to come off to allow the intake manifold to come out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got everything else off to allow the manifold to come out but that harness clamp is impossible because you'd have to compress the back of it with pliers and it's completely blind and I can't seem to get a 12mm open or combination wrench on the 12mm nut at the top of the manifold bracket. Can you use a long 3/8 inch drive socket there?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Can you get a picture and do you have a pair of 45 degree needlenose pliers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At home I do, but not here, mom's house. I guess I could cut the harness and zip tie later?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, just cut it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I got it off! Next trouble, steel waterhose to waterpump is blocking main power 12mm nut on starter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure there is a special tool of some sort but I have some cobalt brand pass through sockets and I'm going to try one of those.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, got the old starter off, looks perfect but it may be bad inside. Flywheel looks perfect. Anything I need to do to the new one before I put it in, any special way it has to match up with the flywheel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll say also, the intake manifold under the fuel rail smells like gas inside. Is that normal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the new one back on, about to start it. You must be feeling awful, hope you feel better soon!