justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

Much research says the no start is likely a fuel pump

Customer Question

much research says the no start is likely a fuel pump relay...looked and looked...where exactly is it? I have the new one when I can find where it goes
Category: Acura
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.

Located front of Trunk, where the Fuel Pump Access Panel is located
click Attachment below

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
prior...Chilton, Hanes and several on line places have conflicting information. The part I have located in the trunk has a different connector than both purchased and also pictured in the manuals...no yellow wire or anything heavy gauge enough for energizing a fuel pump. Sad to say I already had the picture and information you sent

it is always best to post what you know or have done so we don't waste anyones time..........
That is the EXACT Location of the Fuel Pump Relay..in line.....forward Trunk, just over the Fuel Pump Cover Plate
Straight from the Factory Service Manual & where I have serviced "many" Fuel Pumps & changed a few Relays in this vehicle

Sorry for the problem

will opt out & relist in case you have something different than what I have seen

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the effort...I will pay as agreed...as a past shop owner of over 25 years, I am no freeloader.. thanks for the info...not sure why the hard time finding the right part and in the right place...the car is a 98 but really a very late 97...maybe there was a change. BTW, several "experts" have said all fuel pump relays they have seen are drivers area left of the brake pedal?????
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

The relay I believe you are referring to is the Main Fuel Relay (also known as the PGM-FI relay). This relay commonly fails on all Honda/Acura vehicles causing a crank but no-start condition. I see this all the time as someone who works on ONLY Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week. I will supply pictures of the relay location. It is under the driver's side dash near the steering column. That should fix you right up.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking me questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Is that information satisfactory? If so, please remember to rate me positively so I get credit. If you have any more questions just ask me. Thanks!

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Please remember that I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point a portion of what you have already paid Just Answer will be distributed to me. Please be kind and rate. Thanks