HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
8532170

My acura 2000 tl is stuck in park and the break lights 't

Customer Question

My acura 2000 tl is stuck in park and the break lights don't work. Maybe I need a new brake switch but i read that there is a brake fuse possibility. Can you help?
Thanks,
Bob
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put in my credit card but did not want to put in my email pswd. can you just get back to me on this site?
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com. First I need to state that although many of us are full time technicians, nothing compares to having the vehicle on front of us to properly diagnose the concern. That being said I can only go on the information you give me and make my best educated guess a to what the problem may be. Please be patient aand ask as many questions until you're completely satisfied with my answer.

You need to do this one thing to isolate whether the brake lights are the issue. you need to find the brake switch on the pedal and disconnect the electrical connector from the switch. Then take a paper clip and bridge or jump the connectors and see if the brake lights are now turned on. If they do great, you have a bad brake light switch,. Replace the switch and you will back in business.

Questions? Let me know