justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

My 1990 acura integra starts her he wants I'll drive the

Customer Question

My 1990 acura integra starts her he wants I'll drive the whole day but sometimes he want start so I wait for a while in I come back and starts I already change the battery and the starter but it seems he had a mind of his own.
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. When the car won't start does the engine spin over or does it do nothing at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some times a jump the battery and it stays days without any problems it seems like the starter gets locked. After a while it unlocks.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Did you replace the starter with a new or used part? How long ago?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Starter was new I changed it about 8 months ago.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a test light or multimeter to do some electrical checks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm goingto try to test the clutch neutral safety switch.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid just Answer.

There is a Black/White wire that connects to the starter. It's the smaller wire on the starter motor. If you turn the ignition switch to START with the clutch pedal in there should be battery voltage on this wire. If there isn't the most likely problem is the neutral safety switch or the plastic stopper has fallen out of the pedal that contacts the safety switch. You can check to make sure it hasn't fallen out. When you push the clutch pedal the arm moves forward to contact the clutch switch. If you don't see the plastic stopper in the arm, try using your finger to push the switch in and start the car.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks