HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
8532170

I have a 2007 Acura MDX That has a bad Alternator .I pulled

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Acura MDX That has a bad Alternator .I pulled off of your site the instruction sheet " How do I change an alternator on my 2007 Acura MDX "
The sheet showed all the things that need to be done , All the bolts are off, the alternator will pivot front to back but it will not slide out of the lower bracket that it is mounted to even after loosening the 4 compressor mounting bolts. how does the lower alternator bracket break free from from the overlaying bracket ? Then once it is, ? out what is the best way to get the alternator out of Engine Compartment ?
-Charles
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like I will need a graphic or picture of the serpentine belt routing.
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

have you gotten the alternator loose from the vehicle yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Status is same as original questions, I can not get lower tab of alternator out of overlaying bracket & yes all bolts have been taken out- there is no room to work.

unfortunately I am unavailable for a live phone call. you will need to get a pry bar between the alternator and the engine block and carefully pry the alternator out of the bottom retainer. make sure the engine cover is removed so you have room. on the new alternator you will see the bushing that is giving you the problem, you will need to gently tap the bushing in slightly so the alternator will install easier.

I will be available for a live phone call tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the original questions answered. the Alternator is still stuck behind the overlaying bracket !

I just answered the question! the alternator bushing gets stuck in the bracket. the only way to release the alternator is to pry on the body of the alternator between the engine block and the alternator and it should wiggle free