Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

What do i need to remove to get to the starter on my 2008

Customer Question

what do i need to remove to get to the starter on my 2008 acura MDX
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, to have room to access the starter and remove it, you will need to disconnect both battery cables from the battery, remove the battery and then the battery tray, then remove the air cleaner housing box. Then you can reach the starter. It is just over an hour job from start to finish. Below are directions attached

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what size are the bolts holding the starter on and can I just take off the solonoid? and are the bolts easy to get to?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Been a while since I have removed one and acura doesnt give bolt head sizes, but if memory serves, they are 14mm. It would be a giant pain to try to remove the solenoid with starter still on the vehicle and would entail removing a whole lot of stuff. Much easier just to remove the starter and then separate the solenoid from the starter

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?