Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

MY CHECK LL START SYSTEM,CHECK SH-AWD SYSTEM, CHECK ABS

Customer Question

MY CHECK HILL START SYSTEM,CHECK SH-AWD SYSTEM, CHECK ABS SYSTEM, AND CHECK VSA SYSTEM WARNING LIGHTS ALL COME ON AT THE SAME TIME. I CAN TURN THE CAR OFF AND\OR LISTEN TO THE DIAGNOSTIC MESSAGE THEN RESTART THE CAR AND THEY OFTEN THEN GO OUT. IF I AM SITTING STILL AND JUST RUNNING THE CAR THE WILL COME BACK ON OR IF I'M DRIVING SLOW. SEEMS HEAT RELATED WITH THE SLOW DRIVING OR STANDING STILL. RARELY COMES ON WHEN I'M AT SPEED.
IS THE BATTERY ALTINATOR OR ARE THE SENSORS REALLY BAD?? HARD TO BELIEVE THEY ALL GO BAD AT ONCE UNLESS THEY ALL ARE ACTUALLY ONE SYSTEM.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Have you had it scanned to see if there are codes stored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't. I'm trying to avoid that.I can see the diagnostic codes. I want to clear them and see if they come back. Hitting the map/guide and cancel buttons at the same time isn't getting me into the menu as they say it should. Can you tell me how to get into the menu to delete the messages??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I get the year make and model vehicle. I can not get the diag based on the codes that are stored but i can look over past vehicle repairs with these lights and give you an idea what might be to blame.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 3.7 engine. I just want to know how to get into the maintenance screen on the navigation system

Getting into the maintenance screen will not resolve the issues, but if that is what you want to do. I will opt out because I feel you will be mad at me for that action not resolving anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I as of today I have. Driver side front wheel speed sensor.You can still help me by telling me how to get into that menu where I can delete the messages on the navigation screen myself. Not the menu on the console in front of the steering wheel I know how to clear those messages. I'm talking about the messages that show up on the navigation screen. There's a way you can get into a special menu to clear those. I tried holding down the menu/guide and cancel button simultaneously that doesn't get me in. So if you can tell me how to get into that menu it is appreciated. If you can't do that then I have already found my answer.TksTerry