Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Diploma with Database Access
17871496

Check relays fuses replaced resistor, direct contact to

Customer Question

check relays fuses replaced resistor, direct contact to battery to determine blower is working, it is all in check. what am I not doing?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** usually means the blower motor transistor has failed. Monitor the Orange/Black wire for a voltage signal from the heater control unit-panel to the base of the blower power transistor and look for a voltage signal using a digital volt ohm meter. If there is no signal, power up an old style test light and remove the Orange/Black wire from the blower power transistor. Then with the key on, touch the test light to the terminal of the power transistor that the Orange/Black wire was connected. If the power transistor is OK, the blower motor should work.Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a good resistor, I have good relays and fuses. I connected blower to the battery and works well. Is there anything else I should be checking. The climate control system has a self diagnostic ability, it shoots out a code that reads -88 what does
this mean? Is there any other relays to check?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Is blower motor getting good power on? If so, does orange/black wire at transistor get signal?