justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

Car will not started

Customer Question

Car will not started
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Is the engine spinning over when you try to start or is nothing happening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing is happening when I try to start it
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a test light or multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to know before I spent time giving you diagnostic instruction. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

1). We need to determine if there is power available at the starter "S" terminal. This is the smaller Black/White wire that connects to the starter. While someone holds the key over in the start position check this wire for voltage. There should be at least 9 volts on this wire. If there is not voltage available on this wire we need to determine why. Let me know also if this vehicle has a automatic or manual transmission.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is power going to the starter. I am dropping the car off at the shop.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

If there is power at the starter and it is not starting this means the starter is faulty. If you need any information regarding this let me know. I can give you any information you need. If you are satisfied with my assistance please go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks