sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have 06 acura tl and im havin a similar problem with my

Customer Question

hey i have 06 acura tl and im havin a similar problem with my car going into limp mode. I turned it off and came back in the morning with just my check engine light on. I think it may be the APP sensor. Im wondering where do i find the code for the throttle position sensor that is stored in the computer
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Referenced thread- Check engine and VSA light come on, and when that happens the engine goes into limp home mode. Keeps running, but will not accelerate or respond to throttle...Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/acura/6jlr4-honda-2006-2006-acura-tl-check-engine-vsa-light.html#ixzz3mNdWqKQM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Update: My APP sensor code is P2138. I had it checked and apparently there is an issue with the "A" - "B" correllation. Will changing the sensor resolve this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Replacing the sensor will almost surely repair the issue. The sensor actually contains two sensors which work in unison but at different voltages for redundancy. This code sets when the two signals do not agree with each other. It could be a wiring or connection issue with either of the two signal circuits but the most common cause would be the sensor. It looks like you already have a replacement, I would recommend installing it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I still need to get the replacement sensor..once I get it..I will update you on the status

Not a problem.