Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 1999 acura tl v tec engine I had a bunch of random

Customer Question

I have a 1999 acura tl v tec engine I had a bunch of random mis fire codes. I changed the plugs and cleaned the EGR valve ports. Got rid of all theP0301 2 3 4 6 and p0300 codes. Still have a p1399 code and still runs a little ruff it's better but not quite right. ???? Two weeks ago a repair center replaced the timing belt
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Most commonly this is the valves out of adjustment, which is quite common on this engine. They need to be adjusted every 90K miles and if not will cause misfires and especially the p1399 code
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks