acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Battery went dead. Replaced battery and when I went to use

Customer Question

Battery went dead. Replaced battery and when I went to use my phone there was no beep fromeither button on the steering wheel. Additionally the message "booting up" appears.
have checked the fuses and all ok, Any ideas. Phone was working fine before the battery went dead
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is a common problem with this model Hands free link unit. What has happened is the HFL unit in the roof light has failed causing it to stay "on" and drain the battery as well as stick in the booting up mode.You can either replace the unit or disconnect it to keep it from draining the battery . If you give me the vin# ***** the car I can give you the part number of the HFL Unit and instructions on replacing it.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.