Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

Can i have a GPS installed in my 2016 Acura RDX which i

Customer Question

can i have a GPS installed in my 2016 Acura RDX which i purchased without the navigation system?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Although it theoretically could be done, the cost would be prohibitive. Your Audio/Nav system works as part of a network in the car that links all the modules. So aside from the purchase of the correct unit, the car has to be reprogrammed to accept the change. And for 2016 it is possible that might only be done with a new calibration file from the factory, something they are not likely to offer. This is also the danger of replacing the audio system with a non factory unit, it won't connect with the network and can cause all sorts of issues.