Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Just put number 4 trans in my 2003 acura mdx. The light

Customer Question

Just put number 4 trans in my 2003 acura mdx . The green light flashing around D5. Trans shifts perfect. Just sick if sinking money in trans
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The torque converters apparently keep going out. This trans has a year warranty. I can drive after 5 minutes or so light around D5 flashes until you shut it off.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
This is a notorious issue, and unfortunately the odds are great that you will continue having this issue by using salvage yard transmissions that have a 50/50 chance or higher of having an original transmission in it and therefore the inherent issue in the original transmissions where the filter which is not serviceable is clogged and restricting flow which damages the transmission.
The only way to resolve this is to put a remanufactured transmission in it and flush the fluid every 24K to 30K miles with a machine flush. That is the only way you will resolve this and break the cycle of putting in bad transmissions.
I understand it is not what you likely want to hear, but from extensive experience with this transmission, that is the only resolution that works
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks