Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 03 Acura MDX won't go when put into drive (VTM ) ( torque

Customer Question

My 03 Acura MDX won't go when put into drive (VTM ) ( torque converter module upgrade ). It's been @ the deal ship now over a week & they said they are trying to get ahold of Acura to see what's wrong with it, we had to load on a trailer &*****to dealership in little rock, ar. I was told dealership part only?? Please help
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
hi,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Was the check engine light on or the D light flashing right before this happened?
Has the dealer told you what the fault codes are in the computer(if either the check engine light on or the D light flashing)?
Do you know if they have pulled the transmission yet to check the torque converter seal for a cut on the lip? This is a very common issue and they should be aware of it